Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Why I Thank God I'm Not a Celebrity

After watching the Golden Globes last night, the first time I've watched TV since college, I realized many reasons why I have no desire to be a celebrity and praise God I'm not.

1. Two-faced people
I can't handle being in the same room with a million two faced snobs. Actors act: nice, mean, happy, sad, etc. Either, they are happy to see you, or they don't and hide it very well. Not for me. I can't tell if the winners of the award even felt greatful for the award or just tried to get it done and over with...

2. Designer outfits?
Since when has it become necessary to sport designer everything on the red carpet - Oh yeah, since the 1950's. Why don't they suprise the audience - do something new. It gets boring real quick. I'm waiting for the day that Ryan 'Big Wet Vagina' Seacrest, or any other soulless entity/host, asks a celebrity what they are wearing and for him or her to respond 'Target' or 'Wal-mart' or better yet 'Big & Tall.'

3. Privacy Issues
We are all aware of paparazzi and their eagerness to get the precious picture for the magazine cover or whatever. I'm not too worried about this since I'm not a whore, fag, trailer trash, or bound to bare all on any given basis.

4. Living Standards?
I could never, ever, live in a humungous mansion that has no practicality. I would never waste money on random crap 'just because!' When ever we watch MTV Cribs, we see stars with all this crap and show no appreciation towards it. I think Dave Chappelle basically summed it up in his rendition of MTV Cribs.

5. Conclusion
While many of you people wish to become famous celebrities, you just may get tired of it quickly. Just hearing about all the crap stars go through in today's media wouldn't you get tired just from hearing it? I can see the wealth that comes out of it, but do you really, honestly believe that it is worth it? Not to me.

--Yours truly